Monday, January 14, 2008

THE DETAILS: PLAID DONE RIGHT


People always ask me why this blog doesn’t have more men’s fashion on it. Hell, it’s what I do for a living. You’d think this blog would be overrun with all the latest trends, runway shows, and diatribes about the godliness of Tom Ford. However, that’s the exact reason why it’s not filled with fashion “stuff”, my days are dedicated to fashion, always looking for the newest thing, the best designers, client request, style on the street. I might be a bit jaded, but it takes a lot for me to truly stop and take notice, but when I do it’s worth it for you to stop as well.

There was a great qoute on the first episode from this fifth and last season of the Wire that I believe best sums up todays post "The details, Ms. Gutierrez. At the Baltimore Sun, God still resides in the details.” I’ve always believed that perfection is in the details and the photo below is the personification of that mantra. As with every morning I was doing my usual blog rounds – Politics, Gossip, news, rumors, NPR, and of course fashion when I made my way over to my favorite men’s fashion site - The Sartorialist. What I saw honestly has made my day. Check out the man below in this plaid suit which in both my and The Sartorialist's opinion is a bespoke sweater. They just don’t make them like that off the rack.

Please click on photo to enlarge so you can take note of each and every perfectly executed detail – The simple boutonnière, the juxtaposition of the pocket square and the plaid, the amount of shirt sleeve showing, The way the plaid lines up on his shoulder/sleeve all the way down the torso (you only get that from a tailor who truly has an eye and only accepts perfection from themselves. Not an easy thing to do with patterns. Trust me.)


PLEASE TAKE YOUR TIME WITH THIS PHOTO

CLICK ON PHOTO TO ENLARGE


GVG
~God still resides in the details~

No comments:

ShareThis