Sunday, January 20, 2008

AUDIO FOREPLAY SUNDAYS: THE BIRTHDAY EDITION


It seems as if almost all the people I know and love are born in January; including my mother and Martin Luther King Jr., whose birthday was actually the 15 of January, which is why I have renamed it - “The month the world was born”. . My mother took full advantage of her Queen for the day status and had me literally buy EVERYTHING on the menu at her favorite Haitian restaurant and almost every kind of patty they had with a huge Haitian cake at the Haitian bakery with all types of Haitian “beverages” to wash it all down. Last night was the culmination of it all with the - “The month the world was born” party. The party was, I thought, suppose to be for six of my friends – Carey, KD, Courtney, Kim, and the Thompson sisters, then I walked in to have an additional five friends tell me it was their birthdays as well. WELL IT’S A CELEBRATION AND EVERYONES INVITED!!! In honor of all my friends, let’s sing Happy Birthday (Stevie Wonder version of course) at the top of our lungs. On three press play on the video below and SING! 1! 2! 3!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YAAA!!!




OMG! I don’t believe in coincidences, I believe everything happens for a reason, and this I believe validates my belief! I went to go find a the video for Stevie Wonder’s “Happy Birthday”, which I honestly didn’t even know if there was one made for it back then, for our Stevie wonder birthday sing along. I go onto YouTube and there it is – The Stevie wonder “Happy Birthday” video posted above – GREAT! Here’s where it gets interesting, I start to play the video, and I’m sure all the people who are in the know, know where I’m going with this, but up until this moment I didn’t know Stevie Wonder’s “Happy Birthday” was a dedication to the birth of Martin Luther King jr.. How perfect is it that the video I choice to commemorate the birth of my so many of family, friends, and the man himself MLK, was actually made for him! Please use tomorrow as a day to celebrate Martin Luther King’s Birthday and to push the dream forward.


HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ALL OF YOU DAMN CAPRICORNS – MOMMY O’ MINE, MARTIN LUTHER KING JR., MY AUNT ALICE, JUSTIN, CAREY, COURTNEY, KD, KIM, DEE DEE, JARREL, RIKERS, CRYSTAL, CHRIS, REG, THE THOMPSON SISTERS. THESE ARE JUST SOME OF THE PEOPLE BORN IN THE FIRST TWO WEEKS. YOU ALL HAVE MADE WONDERFUL ADDITIONS TO MY LIFE AND I THANK THE UNIVERSE FOR BLESSING ALL OF US WITH YOUR PRESENCE, LOVE, AND SUPPORT. MAY YOUR BIRTHDAYS BRING YOU ALL YOU WISH.

GVG
~celebrating life~

No comments:

ShareThis