Saturday, August 11, 2007

Our love to admire then kill


I woke up to a message today that messed with me in a way that I just wasn’t in the right place to have that be the first thing I saw. The line that really got to me was the closing, which read “Don’t burn the last bridge you have”. I laughed while thinking - FUCK YOU! You don’t know shit about me or my bridges! I was awake, I needed music as I moved about, so I attempted to continue the new music high I was riding by putting on Interpol’s new release “Our love to admire”. That was a mistake, its dark with heavy erry base and guitar riffs combined with Paul Bank’s moody voice and even moodier lyrics laced across them to totally fuck up my mood and make me look way deeper into that last line than I wanted to. Thinking about the bridges I poured gasoline over with a lit lighter in one hand, my middle finger up in the other, with a cocky tone of satisfaction calmly saying from the other side of the grass “FUCK YOU. You’re not worth the wood you were built with.” As I dropped the lighter, turned my back, and walked away not even turning around to see it burn. That’s the life of a rock star. Actually that’s my life and I’m no rock star, just an only child who lives in his head with the music, books, and movies that make it all go away. That’s the life of a loner. I’m alone even in the middle of a crowd with them all screaming my name.

If you have any doubts about what this album has in store for you watch the video for the first single "The Heinrich Maneuver" below

Interpol - "The Heinrich Maneuver"


GVG
~we’re the warriors they write epics about~

No comments:

ShareThis