Sunday, July 1, 2007

"YOU NEED TO GIT UP, GIT OUT, AND GIT SOMETHIN. DON’T LET THE DAYS OF YOUR LIFE PASSS BY!!!" IT'S SUNDAY!

For years I’ve had a NO RAP on Sundays rule. Sunday is my day to let my ears be seduced by the songs of the entire world not the block, usually a mix of Soca, JAZZ (inside joke), spoken word, French, African, Funk, HIP HOP (YES THERE IS A DIFFERENCE), soul, the unclassified, Kompa (Haitian music, except that Kassav is one of my favorite bands and they’re from Martinique, but we’ll keep that to ourselves), etc. I thought I’d share a small video sampling of the audio foreplay that’s going on today. Enjoy

THIS IS MY ALARM CLOCK MUSIC. WAKE YOUR ASSES UP, IT’S SUNDAY!!!

OUTKAST FT CEE-LO GREEN "GIT UP, GET OUT"


KASSAV LIVE


Zap Mama - Sweet Melodie


KASSAV - "OU LE"


CARIMI “KIDNAPPING”



Boubacar "Kar Kar" Traoré & Ali Farka Touré - Diarabi


"God is trying to tell you something." - (The Color Purple)


Ok, you guys are making me late. I’m going to the Afropunk festival block party at BAM. Make the minutes count.

GVG
~we're the warriors they write epics about~


UPDATE:


ONCE I GOT HOME I HAD TO ADD THIS TO THE POST, IT'S SELF EXPLANATORY!!!!

Ice Cube-Today Was A Good Day

2 comments:

Steve said...

That particular Ice Cube track is a classic. Still bump it in the car.

My escape from today's rap, no radio. Ever!!

You gotta get some jazz in there Gard. Preferably Monk, Turrentine, Davis, Getz, Coltrane, Marsalis or Blanchard.

I AM GVG® said...

HOW DARE YOU DOUBT MY LOVE OF JAZZ, YOU KNOW I GETS DOWN FOR MINE!!! You the one looking kind of crazy in the streets putting Marsalis in the midst of all those prolific musical geniuses you have listed.

GVG
~we're the warriors they write epics about~

ShareThis