Friday, November 9, 2007

BREAKING THROUGH...



I realized I haven't posted anything in a rather long while and I’m not sure when the next time will be that I do post, but I just came across these two video clips that seemed to shine a light through a dark cloud and I thought that’s a smile I’d like to share. The first is the trailer for The Great Debaters an upcoming film produced by Oprah Winfrey’s Harpo Productions. It is directed by Denzel Washington who also stars in the film along with Forrest Whitaker, Kimberly Elise, Nate Parker, and Jurnee Smollett. The film is based on the true story of Melvin B. Tolson, who, while at Wiley College formed a debate team that beat Harvard in 1935 during the national championships.

The second is a visual adaption for a school project of Lupe Fiasco’s "He Get's The Girl" done by Mathew Metoyer(Still not feeling Lupe’s ass for all that shit he was talking about Tribe. Think he might have been listening to all the people he sampled telling him to “Dumb it down” a bit too much) However, this is one of my favorite songs off the album and this unofficial/but sssoooo official video does it justice and makes you FEEL the sincerity of the words.





GVG
~~

No comments:

ShareThis