Monday, November 26, 2007

GVG TAKEN TO TASK OVER A.S.S. SURVEY N BLOG PART 3 OF 3


BECAUSE OF THE LENGTH OF THIS POST I HAVE BROKEN IT UP INTO THREE PARTS. PLEASE SCROLL DOWN TO READ THE FIRST TWO PARTS AND THE COMMENTS IF YOU HAVE NOT ALREADY. THIS IS THE FINAL PART. ENJOY



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was more than a bit hasty in my response to your message and I apologize I was mutli-tasking. Never a good thing. I found the questionnaire offensive but in no means am I accusing you of it. It just strikes me as so off and crude in regards to women. I, once again, must reiterate that no man has ever asked me those questions and if I were asked to fill out such a form as that I would be very frightened. It’s hard being a woman and when our stance on being strong and independent seems to be all likened to our sexual practices on a questionnaire, it leads one to think what strides have we made as women. Especially in the black culture. I guess that’s really what I wanted to point out, yes Spike Lee had some things to say but the way in which he went about it in some cases seems to be blatantly wrong. Even Rosie Perez has made comments regarding this. I think it would be interesting to ask the women who worked for him what they thought of him. No leading just asking.

~ HER

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Thank you for your sincerity and openness with your feelings on this matter. As I said I truly didn’t want to offend you. I respect your feelings on both the subject matter and Spike Lee. Whatever our difference of opinions, I love that you will always give me a fight for my money and call me on my stuff when you believe it necessary. I don’t believe us to just be casual acquaintances; though we don’t see each other nor talk as much as some I still have and always will think of you as my friend and for that I respect and value you and your opinion.

I have to be honest this back and forth between us deeply disturbed me and had me question my actions and then wondering how many people had your same feelings yet did not voice them. I have no desire to exist in a bubble of only my fellow likeminded. Decent is the only way to grow and change your thinking or fortify your beliefs by debating those differences and seeing how well they stand to scrutiny. I would hate to believe there are other women out there feeling I have crossed the line and have decided not to bring the fight to me as you did.

I hope you have you have an amazing Thanksgiving filled with food, love, libations, and all those you love. Peace and Blessing.

~ME



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We are definitely not just casual acquaintances at all and I have to apologize for being so vocal. My mother raised me to be extremely loud. I guess it’s the mini-feminist I sometimes try to hide.

Happy Family Day (not Thanksgiving because that’s a ruse)

~ ME



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


THE END ?

1 comment:

Media Moll said...

i never reply to blogs but really this exchange was just odd...offensive degrading etc etc

um then don't respond

im not trying to throw darts at anyone but i think you clearly stated the reason for posting it. so whats the issue? there may be an underlining one...

maybe people dont understand character development and authenticity when it comes to writing. i think this questionnaire made perfect sense.

i dont think spike is any more misogynistic than most men, we live in patriarchal societies. seriously when i saw she's gotta have it i was like wait this is what my family was hiding from me. it wasn't even that freaky

i loved her character she was sexy she was nutty she was quirky she was conflicted

ShareThis