Friday, April 25, 2008

OFFICERS ACQUITTED OF SEAN BELL MURDER



3 NYPD detectives acquitted in groom slaying
Sean Bell, 23, killed in hail of bullets on night of his bachelor party

BREAKING NEWS


updated 49 minutes ago

NEW YORK - Three detectives were acquitted of all charges Friday in the 50-shot killing of an unarmed groom-to-be on his wedding day, a case that put the New York Police Department at the center of another dispute involving allegations of excessive firepower.

Justice Arthur Cooperman delivered the verdict in a Queens courtroom packed with spectators, including victim Sean Bell's fiancee and parents, as at least 200 people gathered outside the building.

As word of the verdict spread, many outside the courthouse began crying and yelled "No!" Some briefly jostled with police officers. Continue reading here

GVG
~justice for all my ass~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am exhausted, dealing with mental anguish, so sad, angry but not surprised. I feel a sense of resignation now, I am not only sad about this verdict but also sad about a city that feels that in order to maintain order thay need to post over 1,000 police on the streets of New York to make sure the city doesn't get out of order. We all know that whole standard, if it had been a white man who had been murdered (and we all know that wouldn't have happened, but hypothetically speaking) there would not be 1,000 police on the streets. I am resigned, I am anguished, I am saddened but most importantly I have to wonder why do I want to have children in a world that views minorities in this way. I am sad.

ShareThis